HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It’s the creepiest day of the year, where you get to pretend to be whatever you want (within budget) and eat as much as you want. This year I’m being identity theft, because it’s truly one of the scariest things in this world. So while I was thinking of spooky things to be for Halloween, I decided I would share those things with you.
I scare easily. I dislike being scared. I do not participate in haunted houses, watch scary movies, or carve scary images into my pumpkin. Nope, I am the faint of heart they always talk about.
So…here’s a list of things that spook me:
- People jumping out at me
- People sneaking up on me
- People just standing there in the dark staring at me or into the abyss, I don’t know.
- Ghost stories
- Faces in windows at night
- Shadows in creepy places at night
- Full on darkness
- Identity theft
- Men following you
- Losing access to birth control
- Losing my voice
- People who abuse animals
- Losing access to health care
- People treating others as less than
- Gun violence
- Domestic violence
- Women losing their right to choose
- Transgender rights being taken away
- The saying “boys will be boys” or “locker room talk”
- A world without dogs
- Not having tacos on a regular basis
You know what’s crazy? Some of these things are just in movies. Most of these things happen in real life. Some of these things we can control…if we vote. If you’re in the United States, next Tuesday, November 6, go vote. Research issues you care about. See who most aligns with your views, and go vote for them. Don’t know where to go, who’s on your ballot, or any other information about voting? Here’s the 411.
For more information on policies and other initiatives you’ll see on your ballot — check out, Vote Save America.
P.S. What are you scared of? I have a lot of irrational and rational fears.