In 2014, I started keeping a journal where I wrote one sentence down a day. I tried to keep it as brief as possible while giving a great amount of detail. And the crazy part is I actually stuck to it for over a year. The first few pages of said journal, however, were reserved for my bucket list. The things on the list varied from short term goals to life-long goals. I’m talking “apply to a real person job” all the way to “see all 7 wonders of the world”…see, vastly different goals. Now I’m at a point in my life where I have applied to a real person job and love the real person job I have, so I feel the need to begin another bucket list right here on the blog. And the best part? It’s going to include some of the goals from my previous list, as well as some new goals I’ve thought up. Try to figure out which ones have been there a while and which ones may be relatively new.
- Visit Scotland
- Visit Ireland (not just Dublin)
- Visit Greece
- See all 7 wonders of the world (The Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer Statue, Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza, The Roman Colosseum, Taj Mahal, Petra)
- Visit Italy (not just Venice)
- Hike the Swiss Alps
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Go to a live taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Take a cooking class
- Go bungee jumping
- Go parasailing
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Visit all 50 states before 50 (only 27 to go!)
- Earn a promotion
- Write a book (if a story ever comes to me)
- See the Egyptian pyramids
- Learn how to snowboard
- Develop a card/board game
- Go to the summer Olympics & watch favorite track events
- Be able to fund an annual scholarship for my alma mater
- Become a regular somewhere
What are some things on your bucket list and when do you hope to accomplish them? I think I’ll be doing something like this once a year or so to update on my progress and add more whenever I think of them. No matter what, this gets me all kind of excited!
P.S. As of right now, I don’t have plans in the works for any of these things, which makes me all the more motivated to brainstorm, be creative, or book some flights.