It’s official, it’s my first day of being 23. I had the most incredible weekend of celebrations with so many wonderful people. A special shout-out goes to Haley and Taylor for planning a day of choosing my own adventures. It was the most fulfilling weekend.
Every year I try to set goals for myself, but I avoid it on New Years, simply because that doesn’t indicate a fresh start, but a new age does…right?
Here are my 23 goals I’ve set for my 23rd year of life:
- Count things to be thankful for every day.
- Read more.
- Write more.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
- Drink more water.
- Soak up the sun whenever possible.
- Don’t let fear guide decisions.
- Yoga – do it.
- Learn a new skill.
- Take more walks.
- Scrapbook college.
- Learn how to budget (yawn, boring I know).
- Get “adulting” recognized by Merriam-Webster dictionary.
- Get a dog (dearest landlord, please let me have one).
- Call grandma more.
- Try more foods (a girl can only live on grilled cheese & pizza for so long).
- Dance a lil crazy…more often.
- Take every opportunity.
- Take a risk, or two, or five.
- Take lessons from year 22 and build on them.
- Enjoy every second of this year.
Last year was a time of transition for me. It was one of the hardest years I’ve ever experienced and now I’m ready to embrace where I’m at and take in the moments handed to me. I am such a lucky lady surrounded by amazing family and friends.
Life is good.